Six years before the twentieth century opened, a new era dawned in the life and development of Syracuse University. A new Chancellor, James Roscoe Day, installed in 1894, made plans for the future, envisioning a university on a national scale that would attract to it students from every state in the union and from other countries as well. Under his direction, Syracuse University embarked on a building program that encompassed not only an increased physical plant, but also new colleges and schools within an enlarged university.
In The Growing Years, Volume II of the history of Syracuse University, Dr. W. Freeman Galpin traces the growth of the University from 1894 to 1922. During this period the institutions that were added and strengthened included the College of Medicine, University Hospital, Law School, Graduate School, College of Applied Sciences, New York State College of Forestry, Library School, School of Oratory, Teachers College, College of Agriculture, School of Home Economics, and the College of Business Administration.
Series: Syracuse University
6 x 9, 540 pages, 49 black and white illustrations